

K-
Attached are the new plans I sketched out which I think really hit the mark. I feel that the closet on the mezzanine not only deals with the beam in an intuitive way but could also be visibly interesting depending on what we decide that panel wants to be facing the room. Of course, I would still like to slip the metal mesh/glass concept back in! The stairs also makes sense on the other side of the room, because it allows the room to be completely visually open from the moment you walk into the apartment. There is a plumbing riser which we need to maintain, but I was still able to sink the upstairs landing and one step into the closet on the main level, but it still allows you storage beneath the stair which is perfect for coat closet storage and also gives us back the hidden tv cabinet. I studied the stair with a return, but given you need 3'0" for the stairs and a 6'0" wide landing, it really ate into the plan. I studied the 3'6" diameter staircase, but it not only encroached on the tv cabinet but we also lost the coat closet storage on the main level which the straight run staircase buys us. Anyway, let me know what you think.
-S
Yes, in agreement that the layout is now optimal. Given that this is a tiny space, the aim is to keep it simple.
ReplyDeleteOne last wish is for a tiny wash-basin and urinal on the mezzanine. I have an inconvenient habit of visitng the loo in the middle of the night! :)